Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Falling behind

I was just looking over the schedule I posted here a while back (re my MFA program), and I realize I'm falling behind. I need to get a draft of my 2nd craft annotation and my 2nd class for my syllabus done by this weekend. I plan to do the craft anno tonight, and I guess I'll start the 2nd class soon. I'm finding it hard to be motivated on my interdisciplary project. Creating a syllabus for a fake class isn't as engaging as I thought it'd be. Any of my fellow MFAers in this boat? Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

DJPare said...

Slacker!! :)
Maybe you should make us (the writers group) your class and come up with some assignments for us, like reading material and creative writing exercises...

Writer Bug said...

Hmm. that could be fun. Do you think people would be up for that?

Anonymous said...

Hi Bug. I'm behind in the sense that I have to take my laptop with me on vacation to get my new pages done. In retrospect, I don't think it's a good idea to front load the month with readings/annotations. Better writing habits probably include daily time for new writing, even if only an hour. Good luck developing your writing course. Maybe instead of thinking of it as a non-existent course, think of it as something that you can show to a prospective employer if you apply to teach a writing course. Around here we are always impressed with job candidates who can produce well-developed course outlines. TI

Writer Bug said...

Thanks TI. That is a helpful POV. Have a great trip, despite having to lug your laptop! This is all such a learning process for all of us.