Friday, July 21, 2006

Short story workshopped

My writers' group workshopped my short story last night and gave me some ubber-helpful comments. My main tasks in this revision are:

  • Make the dialogue more distinct to the characters
  • Get the themes straight from the beginning
  • Make Harold and Susan's relationship progress a little slower so as to be more realistic.
OK, I've got my marching orders, now I just have to figure out how to march!

But the best part of having the story workshopped was learning that, for the first time ever, I've created a short story that actually ends! Whoo-hoo! Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

DJPare said...

Hey! You've had short stories that ended before...
But this one certainly is more complete! And has great potential, I think!

Idiot Cook said...

Sounds like the workshop went well...now go march! :)