Monday, July 03, 2006

Why was it so magical?

I was trying to describe last week to a friend, and though I could tell her that it was amazing, that I learned a lot, that I felt more myself than I have in a while, I couldn't explain why I felt that way. So I'm going to attempt to journal on it to see if that helps.
  • Because the people I met seemed to understand me, my fears as a writer and as a person, and why writing is so important.
  • Because we all supported each other and each other's work in a way I haven't seen in a long time.
  • Because I wasn't afraid to say what was on my mind, be it about a stupid fight I had with my husband, why I hated a seminar, or why the temperature was just perfect.
  • Because I felt included and like I belonged in a group of practical strangers.
  • Because people were honest about my work in a nice way.
  • Because I felt, for the first time in recent history, like I might, just might, be able to enjoy the process instead of feeling like I need to reach some outside goal.
  • Because afterwards, again for the first time in recent history, I was able to spend a day relaxing and not feeling like I should be doing something.

I'm sure there are a thousand others. If you've recently had an experience like mine, post and tell me why it was so great!

Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Yea! I'm loving your blog! And ditto on all your feelings--it's nice to be among kindred spirits.

I'll add you to my blog roll.

DJPare said...

What's a blog roll?

Writer Bug said...

Yeah, what is a blogroll? DJPare and I thought it sounded like a sandwich...