Monday, August 14, 2006

Book questions and answers

Thanks to poet mom and chief biscuit for these questions (and you can thank me for the answers!)

1. One book that changed your life? Bird by Bird by Ann Lamott

2.One book you've read more than once? Little Children by Tom Perotta
3.One book you'd want on a desert island?Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde
4.One book that made you laugh? The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evonavich
5.One book that made you cry? The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
6.One book that you wish you had written? The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
7.One book you wish had never been written? Hmm... Maybe the Daniel Steele books that I wasted too many hours on as a teen. Though I take that back because while she's not exactly literature, I'm sure there are many people who get into reading through her books, so it's probably a good thing that they're out there.
8.One book you are currently reading? The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant (Very good so far)
9.One book you have been meaning to read? So many! I have a huge pile at home. What tops the list is probably A Bullfighter Checks her Makeup by Susan Orleans because I have had it for over a year now!
Best Blogger Tips

10 comments:

Idiot Cook said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Idiot Cook said...

Hey Bug, my cat is named after Dorian Gray. And I'm reading Bullfighter right now for school--I LOVE Susan Orlean (loved The Orchid Thief). The cool thing (and bad thing) about Bullfighter is that it's all essays...so you can pick it up and put it down easily since it isn't one long narrative...so I say pick it up and read the first essay, which is very good. :)

(sorry for removing the previous comment...needed to remove the link)

Kay Cooke said...

A lot of reading there for me to catch up on - I'll have to get out of the 20th and into the 21st century!!! Thanks fo rthe shout out & visit.

wendy said...

Bird by Bird has changed my life, and held my hand along the way to. I also love Traveling Mercies..and Plan B...further thoughts on faith. Ann rocks SO HARD for all women....

Writer Bug said...

FC, that's great that your cat is named for Dorian Gray! I absolutely love that book because no matter how many times I read it, I get something new out of it. And I will try to get into Bullfighter after I do my reading for Lesley...CB, thanks for the visit! And your list gave me a lot to read too! Wendylou--Ann Lamott really is awesome. So amazing that her writing can touch so many people so strongly!

January said...

Love Bird by Bird. That's one book I go back to often.

Anonymous said...

I am the world's only writer who didn't love Bird by Bird.

Maybe I'd read too many writing books by then, so the suggestions seemed stale.

Writer Bug said...

Wow MyBackyard. That's interesting! Though Bird by Bird was one of the first writing books I read now that I think of it....

Trudging said...

I love bird by bird too. It is good advice for writing and life.

Writer Bug said...

It's so true Trudging! And thanks for dropping by!