Sunday, August 06, 2006

A wonderful weekend (to make up for the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day)

Despite getting off to a rocky start, this weekend was quite lovely. The weather was great. I did some fun stuff. Chloe didn't get rushed to the ER.... What more can I ask for?

Friday night, I took an awesome yoga class at JP's wonderful yoga studio and then Brian and I ate Thai food while watching bad TV. Saturday I met my friend Amy for some coffee, planted some flowers, and then got a manicure/pedicure with my friend Kerry before she took me out for a belated birthday dinner. We went to P.F. Changs and sat outside and had yummy food and even yummier drinks (the Key Lime martini is my new favorite thing).

Today I met up with some old colleagues--and fellow bloggers, bostonerin and poetmom-- from when I interned at Houghton Mifflin for a delicious brunch. And the best part is that since we had been reading each others' blogs, the fact that I hadn't seen them in years didn't matter a bit. Then Brian and I took advantage of the weather and rode our bikes around for a while and then had some wine and snacks at an outdoor bar in JP.

A nice weekend all around. :) Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

January said...

Yep, the weekend ended on a high note for me, too.

Thanks again for brunch!

Writer Bug said...

It was really great to see you and Erin and catch up and talk about writing! We definitely won't let another few years go by before doing it again. :)

DJPare said...

What outdoor bar in JP?

By the way, have you tried the Alchemist yet?

Writer Bug said...

James Gate of course! We were actually going to go to the Alchemist, but I was in stretch pants from bike riding and I think that place is kinda chic chic. (or however you spell the word that sounds like she-she)