Monday, November 03, 2008

NaNoWriMo: Day 3

This is going to be a short post because it's 9:30 p.m. and I'm behind on my novel word count. I just want to say that a huge benefit of NaNo is that I'm forcing myself to find time to write, even on really busy days like today.

Work was crazy, and my commute took way longer than usual. Then I had some freelance stuff I had to do. So I didn't get to start on the novel until 9 o'clock. If that were to happen when I wasn't involved in this challenge, I would've given up and allowed myself some TV/relaxation time. But with this challenge before me, I said, "1 hour of writing is better than nothing" and got down to it. Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

TI said...

I like that. I'm going to take it to heart to work on my book now, even though I only have an hour. Thanks for the reminder that even a short time is enough to keep up the momentum.

Writer Bug said...

Good luck, TI! I so miss you (and the other MISers) in the blogosphere.

January said...

I'm trying to do a writing challenge myself but I'm three days behind myself!