Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NaNoWriMo Update

I fell a bit off course because I had my lovely friend Gracie (who has a new fabulous blog about cooking and eating) come visit this weekend.

But I skipped dinner last night and wrote 2,000 words to help me catch up. I'm at the point where I think most of what I'm writing is pretty awful and won't make it past draft 1, but the point here is just to get the words down, and that's what I'm doing.

I'm hoping to hit 2,000 more tonight. I'm hopeful that I'll finish this crazy thing, though I know Thanksgiving is going to mess me up a bit, since we're hosting a house full of family. And this internal editor of mine is coming on strong, telling me over and over what BS I'm writing. But I'm trying to duct tape her mouth and slog on through. Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think about it as a marathon -- most people never keep up with the Kenyans. It's finishing that counts.

This might not win you a Pulitzer prize, but getting to word 50,000 is what counts. :) Ok, maybe I should keep the metaphors to you!!!

Writer Bug said...

Hah! I love it! I may not be a Kenyan, but I'll finish, damn it, if I need to drag my sorry white ass over that finish line.